Sunday, January 22, 2012

Note to self...Check "Start A Blog" off my bucket list!

Hi Everyone! 

I hope this post finds you well.  Let me begin by telling you how long I have waited for this very moment! For years, I have wanted to start a blog but it was just never the right time, the right subject, or well, the right anything. So finally, the time has come! Here we are and here we goooo... My name is Georgia (later, I will fully introduce myself) and I am truly giddy about what is about to go down! 

My blogging buddy, Jonathan and I are about to embark on a very unfamiliar and exciting adventure. For ten days, he and I are going to eat ONLY fruits and vegetables.  Considering the amount of fruits and veggies that we would have to intake in one sitting is FAR more than one could imagine, we are going to juice every single last ounce that we will digest in those ten days... and its going to be WONDERFUL! Well, actually, its going to be really hard, really difficult, and really challenging but we are convinced it will be worth it in the end. (I can actually hear your thoughts right now...shhh, hear me out about this whole juicing thing before you give me your opinion!) 

We hope you will follow us along our journey! Along the way, we will fill you in on our story, our motives (and no, its not to starve ourselves and drop a dress size), our triumphs and tribulations, our inspirations and ambitions, and anything else you may want to know. One thing is for sure, we've got a lot to share and even more to learn. We are "hungry" for experience and are super stoked that you are coming with us while we find it :) 

The best is yet to be...

Georgia 

2 comments:

  1. Georgia,
    This is awesome! I have always wanted to practice a strict fruit/veggi lifestyle but the commitment is so intense. I can't wait to follow you, I am sure it will motivate me to practice as best as I can one day. I used to juice daily, but cleaning the machine became tiresome and purchasing all the produce really adds up. Now, I blend daily which just fits my lifestyle a little better (quick clean up). I now purchase produce as its being discounted and freeze what I can and also shop at the Freetown Farmers Market on Johnston/Vermilion Downtown 2x a week; both of which are cost effective and I compost all of the waste product (there will be a lot of waste product when juicing/blending!)

    Please post some of your favorite recipes. Some of my favorite recipes are:

    Spinach/Lemon/Strawberries/Dates and
    Spinach/Blueberries/Apple and
    Apples/Carrots/Strawberries/Banana and
    Tomatoes/Strawberries/Lemon (sometimes adding an apple or pear or dates)

    yum!

    Also, love eating raw tomoatoes, sqeezed with lemon and onions/avacado on the side :)

    I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, a "hungry" pun was included....... ;-)

    Good luck, and much love to you both!

    Oh - and I'm proud of you both for the blog. Its a Good Call.

    ReplyDelete